Wednesday 16 January 2008

Virtuality and Performance> first response

Amongst class mates the title Virtuality and Performance soon got shortened to 'Virtuality' but even though we were on a 'first name basis' with the module, no one could fully explain the purpose of the course.
What enticed me into choosing the course initially was its description from the big YEAR 3 folder in main house months ago, this I cannot recall word for word but I remember it sounding innovative and looking to the media influence of theatre.
From day one, the classes have been a virtual learning environment themselves as well as a forum of discussion. Technologically minded as we students are today, the structure of the lesson worked to our advantage, allowing us to explore exactly what interests us rather than being spoon fed a rigid curriculum.
With weekly readings and class interaction, I have not only learnt a lot from this module but I have also looked at many 'online performances' in a different, non judging yet analytical light.
I have enjoyed the weekly encouragement of seminar discussions, which have supported our practical exploration of each subject area focussed on in class. I feel this has engaged us as a group, allowing us to acknowledge and learn from others interpretations and opinions; moreover aiding our understanding and also widening our research.

No comments: